Tuesday, April 25, 2006

it is done

as of today, I have decided I will no longer work for free.

I know, sometimes it's the right thing, sometimes it's unavoidable. sometimes it's great. you need to do your favours, and networking, and pay your dues, but people seem to think that just because my work is fun, it must not be paid for. oh no, wrong. it is fun, I love it, but it is also paying my bills. it is how I make my living. so, if people want me doing my work, they have to pay me for it, otherwise I might not even have to kill myself before turning 28, and then? no me, none of my work, either. ha.

it's weird, in some respect. I knew a butcher back then, and I never expected him to bring free steaks. I will always help out friends, and of course, for free, give them all my love and care and good advice. but putting in my hours for someone I strictly have business relations with - pay within two weeks, please. or do it yourself. can't? need an expert? pay within two weeks, please.

and weird, perfectly natural as this sounds, I do feel odd rereading this.
because I do not appreciate my own craftmanship?
because I think little of the quality of what I do?

boy, must I get a grip.

1 Comments:

Blogger florian said...

thanks:)

currently, I am fighting about this exact same thing with the woman mentioned below. well, except that she can't fight. she wants eternal harmony. and having HER way.

that's pretty unlikely, though. what can you do. obviously, she has never heard of your 27 rule..

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home