Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Déjà-vu

it has been a year since we last did the shakespeare in the park. today, we started rehearsing for this summer's season, and it is so great to be back with the cast. they are lovely people and great fun to work with. I finally decided to dare the unbearable (i.e. seeing yourself perform on gritty video) and watch the dvd they sent to me to prepare before attending the rehearsals, and I laughed so hard. there are some choreographed parts in the show, and I knew I sucked at those, I just didn't know I sucked this much. it literally shows me screwing up front row, and it looks rerally dumb. I shall improve that. but much to my joy, the performance taped was the one where the guy playing malvolio messes up one of his lines and says something about butter sauce instead of lovely clouds (it makes more sense in german, you know). we all cracked up, and I am so glad it has been filmed for us to enjoy eternally! I wish I didn't have to commute for the ibsen right now, but who am I to complain. life is good. even if another blog refers to you as the wigman. I am a serious actor. like, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home