Wednesday, March 21, 2007

sobriety prolongs a life that ultimately has to end with death

ah, the perfect night to drink to get drunk: good conversation and crappy music at the bar- but there is an 11:00 o'clock matinee scheduled tomorrow and I did the wise and went home. my throat is still sore, it has been a week now. I wonder if my voice is hibernating? I feel like something spectacular is about to happen, but the stale scent of disappointment is hanging in the air already. don't know why, no big plans for nothing. maybe that's it.

"increase in knowledge is increase in unrest " says an artsy sign at the theatre- and it is true. life should be easy, because it is good. I don't complain. I just seem to suck at it right now, and the fact that I have learned to figure out what I don't want is helping less than I had expected.

a dog is not a chair. but what is a dog? ten million possibilities, and the day to day routine seems to keep me stuck on a path I chose god knows when. all around people seem to either know what they are doing, or they just hide their desperation better.

I wish I could have kept drinking.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

believe me, the huge amount of pretending in the process of hiding their own backpack of desperation is the ONLY reason why most of them always seem so busy. or normal. or even happy. it´s all a masquerade.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 5:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not hiding the own backpack of desperation means writing a blog.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:59:00 pm  
Blogger florian said...

so you like your new animal nickname, huh, smart question girl with the empty blog?

empty blog=full backpack? I didn't come up with that metaphor, anyway.

Friday, March 23, 2007 11:26:00 am  
Blogger Schmetterling said...

you should have listened to rae. given your fascination with listening to rae at any given point of time including 4am :)

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:58:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously...I have no f* clue what I am gonna do with my life.
I wanna do everything, sneak into every job and still I feel like I need to go home and try to..start something serious. Start living the real life.
...
And that seems to be wrong as well.
...
Im not sure though whether this helped u anyhow.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home